MIDAS-XL48 | The new MIDAS XL48 packs 8 MIDAS XL4 mic preamps into a 1U box, complete with swept high and low pass filters, 8 MIDAS XL8 A/D converters and a super-low jitter 1ppm clock. Additional features include 8-segment LED input meters, individual phantom power, polarity invert, and -20 dB pad. All inputs are on Neutrik XLR and duplicated on 25-way D-sub connectors as standard.
XL48 features both analogue and digital outputs in ADAT and AES/EBU format. All five outputs can be used simultaneously, making the XL48 a multifunction analogue/digital mic splitter as well as adding the MIDAS touch to 8 channels of your mix. Multiple clocking options are available, including external word clock, internal 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz, and 44.1 kHz.
Applications include portable recording rigs, analogue and/or digital splits between consoles, or improving the input stage of an ordinary digital console with MIDAS mic preamps, convertors and a reference-grade clock.
- 8 mic/line inputs featuring classic MIDAS XL4 mic preamps
- Unique all-analogue MIDAS XL4 swept low and high pass filters
- Individual 48 V phantom power switching per channel
- Individual -20 dB pad switching per channel
- High accuracy 8 segment LED meter per channel
- MIDAS XL8 ultra-low latency 96 kHz 24-bit A/D converters
- Supports operation at 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz and 96 kHz sampling frequencies
- Ultra-low jitter reference-grade 1 part-per-million (1 ppm) temperature-compensated clock oscillator with external Word clock syncing options
- Parallel fully-balanced XLR and 25 W D-Sub input connections
- Driven and buffered fully-balanced 25 W D-Sub output connections
- Dual AES3 25 W D-Sub output connector
- Dual TOSLINK optical output connectors