Cardioid dynamic studio vocal microphone with switchable response tailoring. Includes A7WS windscreen for close-up vocals or narration.
Whether it’s broadcast, podcast or recording, the SM7B captures smooth, warm vocals that connect the speaker to the listener.
The SM7B dynamic microphone has a smooth, flat, wide-range frequency response that preserves the natural beauty of the sound it captures. The classic cardioid pattern is designed to reject off-axis audio. So you can sing or speak at a comfortable angle and it captures the sound, just as you want it, with minimum coloration.
In addition to it’s standard windscreen, it also includes the A7WS windscreen for close-talk applications.
– Flat, wide-range frequency response for exceptionally clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech
– Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) controls with graphic display of response setting
– Improved rejection of electromagnetic hum, optimized for shielding against broadband interference emitted by computer monitors
– Internal “air suspension” shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission
– Highly effective pop filter eliminates need for any add-on protection against explosive breath sounds, even for close-up vocals or narration
– Includes A7WS detachable windscreen, designed to reduce plosive sounds and gives a warmer tone for close-talk vocals
– Classic cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetrical about axis, to provide maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sound
– Also useful for close-miking instruments in studio where warm and smooth full-frequencies are a must
– Rugged construction and excellent cartridge protection for outstanding reliability